Celebrate whiskey, history, music and food in the mountains of Western
Maryland! Stunning scenery is the setting for a trip into the past and a
taste of the present! Your three day/two night package includes:
• The Whiskey Rebellion Reception - sample some of the region’s most exciting new small batch whiskies, learn about the “Whiskey Rebellion” and George Washington’s last military command. A comfortable room overlooking the Great Allegany Passage Trail awaits you at the new Cumberland Sleep Inn and Suites, five minutes from Downtown.
• Lunch on the Western Maryland Scenic Railroad wind through mountain greenery to lovely Frostburg, savoring a fine luncheon as you ride – watch the turntable work and enjoy a Main Street A&E District.
• There will be time to wander quaint streets, enjoy local Heritage Days festival with artisans and colonial military re-enactments, plus special Whiskey Rebellion Celebration at Canal Place with performances including excerpts from the Broadway hit ‘Hamilton’ and a Corks and Kegs Tent offering beer and wine.
• Dine at the elegant Gilchrist Museum of the Arts lovely 1840s mansion with the works of local artists and other displays gracious room.
• Enjoy an outdoor blues concert in Canal Place, have breakfast at the Gordon-Roberts House, and have a meet-and-greet with pioneer author Laura Ingalls Wilder!
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE WHISKEY REBELLION WEEKEND AT: